The one thing I am compulsive about is making lists. (Yeah I know shocker). Daily I write down lists of things to do, lists of people to call, appointments to make, things to buy. So when I considered what to blog about today, I am naturally drawn to making a list.
Today for you, I am going to list the items that any person in their right mind should have with them daily to make life easier.
1. Ipad or tablet of some sort. If you get an idea or need to get information, you can pull over on a country road and write it up. Caution, don’t do this on a dark and stormy night or if you hear any kind of “the killer is coming” theme music.
2. A Journal and a nice pen. Notes are so important. I prefer long hand to typing for making my lists or reminders. I find that if something is written down longhand, I have a better chance of remembering it later.
3. Ziploc bags. Wet items, broken necklace and you don’t want to lose the beads, leftovers cookies, need say more?
4. A Book. Whether electronic or paperback, it’s the perfect companion when you have to wait for a friend, or don’t want to look like a loser eating alone. People reading don’t look like losers.
5. Lastly a great set of dressy earrings, red lipstick and a pair of heels. Toss your hair, slap on the earrings, pucker up and shine then slam on those leopard print heels and you’re ready to face the world. I’m thinking ‘hell on heels!’
5a. Oops you’re a guy, so #5 may or may not be appealing to you. I suggest then that you always carry hair gel, horn rimmed glasses and a light grey scarf. After work roll up your sleeves, gel that hair, slap on those glasses and own the room you stride into. You’ll be so European it ain’t funny!
6. Mints, gum or spray…Do I need to tell you why? Oh and a tide pen is also a must have!!
Lastly, a smile it’s the best ticket to good customer service, new friendships and you will actually feel better.
Wide smile and waving – See ya around! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!